I am greatly obliged to the Director of the Archaeological Museum in Ptuj, Mr. Dr Fr. Gumilar and to the Keeper Miss Bernardina Perc for the great hospitality they offered me. They gave me an opportunity to study all the Mithraic monuments and to take photographs of them. In this way I have been enabled to publish many hitherto unknown monuments as well.
The entrance to the sanctuary is situated on the east side.
Poetovio, Pannonia superior (Pannonia)
- Latitude and longitude 15.839818,46.413452
- Current location
Spodnja Hajdina Ptuj (Slovenia)
- Dimensions W. 570 D. 570 cm
- Dating 2nd century
- Discovery date 1898
- Canonical URI
- TNMmID 185
- CIMRM 1487
- Monumentum Mithras rock-born from Ptuj
- Monumentum Consecration for Jupiter and Hercules
- Monumentum Mithras taurophorus of Ptuj
- Monumentum Altar with inscription and symbolic figures from Ptuj